Horton Green will provide a very high standard of healthy meals using the highest quality ingredients. Your child will receive a hot two-course lunch and tea.
The menus will change on a four-weekly rotation. All dietary requirements will be catered for.
During the day children will receive snacks during the day consisting of fresh and vegetables accompanied with milk or water.
It’s not just about the food – preparing and eating food provides us
with a range of fantastic learning opportunities.
At Horton Green we will:
- Involve your child in cooking and preparing food together with staff
- Make sure that your baby knows that its ok when they play and make a mess with their food – your child is experimenting and being creative!
- Make meal and snack times a pleasant, enjoyable and sociable experience and of course look out for the many learning opportunities!
- Establish a regular pattern of eating whilst at nursery.
- Plan for your baby or toddler to have different taste experiences. Your child will often need to try a new taste several times before starting to enjoy it.
- Introduce different healthy food options so that your child can make choices. For example, offer different fruits and vegetables with a variety of colours, tastes and textures.
- Encourage your child to talk about likes and dislikes.
- Create opportunities for your child to have responsibility, such as setting the table and tidying up afterwards. Talk about why it is important to keep things clean.
- Involve your child in choosing and shopping for healthy snack foods.
OUR GUARANTEE TO YOU
At Horton Green, you can be confident that:
- All children will have access to a well-balanced and healthy diet which takes account of ethnic, cultural and dietary requirements, including food allergies.
- Staff will make sure that help with feeding is given in a way that best meets the needs of the individual child.
- Your child will have high quality opportunities to learn about healthy lifestyles, relationships, hygiene, diet and personal safety.